Position: Communications Manager
Reporting to: Chief Communications Officer
Location: Flexible. IVI supports virtual staff with current HQ in Alexandria, Virginia.
The Innovation and Value Initiative Foundation, Inc. (IVI) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit research organization whose mission is advancing the science of value assessment in healthcare. IVI is a membership organization with both organizational and individual members.
IVI’s mission is to advance the science, practice, and use of patient-centered value assessment to support decisions that make healthcare more meaningful and equitable.
IVI works to drive innovation in value assessment through collaborative research and partnerships on patient preferences, novel methods of value, and value assessment model development. IVI works with patients, employers, payers, and providers to assess what equitable value means to them and serve as a learning laboratory for testing new methods to improve value assessment.
We are seeking a Communications Manager to manage and implement a dynamic communications and social media program with a clear and cohesive brand message. This position will help to develop and execute a multi-channeled communications strategy that advances IVI’s overall goals and mission.
- Manage and develop strategy for social media channels and prepare reports on digital engagement analytics, as well as any relevant industry trends
- Develop relationships with and engage with media stakeholders, including journalists, bloggers, vloggers, and influencers. Maintain multiple, targeted media lists, and document media articles and references for reporting purposes
- Draft, manage, and ensure the writing of stories, newsworthy items, and other communications are well-developed in a timely fashion and distributed and published, as appropriate
- Write and/or edit briefing materials for presentations and thought leadership opportunities, memos, media engagements, social media platforms, interviews, and events
- Collaborate with teams across the organization to identify and pursue public relations initiatives
- In collaboration with chief communications officer, membership manager, and research staff, create a communication, marketing, and social media strategy for major funding initiative
- Manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
Experience and Skills
- 5+ years of media relations, communications, social media experience in a non-profit, research, or health care environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: strong writer and storyteller
- Self-motivated, highly organized, and able to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- While the organization’s headquarters is in the Washington, D.C. metro area, this is a virtual position
This is a full-time position with competitive compensation and benefits.
For Questions or to Apply
To learn more, please visit our website at www.thevalueinitiative.org. To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to email@example.com.